Registered Nurse – Outpatient Concierge Internal Medicine
SHIFT is a new model of primary care.
SHIFT is a group of passionate and committed experts who believe in a more intelligent, more effective approach to delivering personalized healthcare and helping people build health. Our medical care is the foundation of what we do; we care for members during times of sickness and health.
Our nutrition, fitness and recovery experts work in tandem with our primary care medical team to help members develop the necessary skills to shift thoughts and actions in order to confront and conquer challenges in our ever-changing lives. We use medicine to address what cannot yet be achieved through lifestyle modification. We use diagnostic tools to measure quantitative progress. We help members focus their efforts on goal setting and habit formation and use our proprietary coaching methodology to guide members toward specific health milestones. We prepare members to make the positive, lasting changes they desire. We are their ally and advocate. We listen to our members and care about their aspirations. We believe the achievement of optimal health and performance is an ongoing, evolving pursuit. We have dedicated our lives to improving the lives of others. We help each member find purpose and realize their full potential to live a happier and more productive life.
Responsible for ensuring the continuity of care in a busy outpatient setting using the appropriate resources within the parameters of established contracts and patients’ membership benefits. Facilitate continuum of patients’ care utilizing advanced nursing knowledge, experience and skills to ensure appropriate use of resources and patient quality outcomes. Performs care management functions on-site or telephonically as needed. Reports findings to the care management team in a timely manner. Position involves high levels of patient/member communication and requires exceptional customer service skills.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that reflect SHIFT’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern for every Member.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities efficiently as assigned, which include but are not limited to: HIPAA regulations; respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergencies; working as a team member; recognizing problems with patients, staff, or operations and works quickly as a team member to resolve the problem. Identifies ways to improve practice operations.
- Uses, protects, and discloses SHIFT patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Relays outside patient appointment information to appropriate SHIFT physician.
- Consults with physician and other care team members external to SHIFT.
- Coordinates treatment plans and care expectations with physicians.
- Maintains effective communication with physicians, SHIFT care team members (medical and extended), related service vendors, external care providers, hospitals, patients and, when appropriate, patients’ families.
- Implements, monitors, and recommends improvements to care management programs and practices within policies and procedures set by the Lead Physician.
- Participates actively in SHIFT member meetings. Documents pertinent patient information, all communication, and special circumstances of patients.
- Ensures appropriate utilization of medical facilities, equipment, and services by all SHIFT medical staff.
- Prioritizes patient care needs and meets with patients, family and caregivers as needed to discuss care and treatment plan.
- Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law.
- Provides accurate information to patients and families regarding membership benefits, resources, referrals, mediations, treatments and other related issues.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides brief consultations.
- Conducts on-site or telephonic prospective, current, and retrospective reviews of active patient care.
- Identifies and assists with follow-up for high-risk patients.
- As needed, coordinates provisions for discharge from facilities, including follow-up appointments, internal/external referrals, social services, transportation, etc., in order to maintain continuity of care.
- Communicates authorization requirements and costs for non-scoped services.
- Uses and manages day-to-day utilization of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system, maintaining accurate and complete documentation of care rendered and follows all related security protocols regarding the same
- Performs other duties as required or directed by providers and management.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college. Nursing degree preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing
- Illinois RN license
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross) preferred
- 3+ years of nursing experience
- Previous care management experience
- Phlebotomy skills required
- EPIC experience preferred
- Strong clinical acumen and an ability to support, predict, and interpret patient needs.
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience with specific nursing tasks related to internal medicine.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, regulations, and scope of practice.
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
- Knowledge of patient education needs and effective at sharing information with patients.
- Knowledge of HIPAA requirements and other applicable state or federal regulations.
- Ability to apply and modify the principles, methods, and techniques of advanced practice nursing to ongoing patient care.
- Ability to perform all work in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Uses professionalism and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions with patients, guests, and staff.
- Ability to learn, retain, and accurately use information regarding patient care policies and procedures.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks in a productive and efficient manner.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to perform all tasks accurately, efficiently, and ethically
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings. Involves frequent personal and telephone contact with patients. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive; strong multi-tasking skills are important. Contact involves dealing with sick people. Requires corrected vision and hearing within normal range. Well-lighted, well-ventilated, work space. Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions common to clinic setting. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Must be able to use appropriate techniques when making necessary patient transfers and helping patients with walking, dressing, etc. Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds. Must be able to be on feet for long periods of time.
WHY JOIN SHIFT?
This is an exceptional opportunity for a skilled nurse to play an active role in delivering care via a new model of medical primary care, which serves a larger mission of empowering patients and ensuring that they never feel lost in a complicated healthcare system.
SHIFT is a revolutionary approach to healthcare designed for people looking to take control of their health and live their best lives. Our doctors and coaches come together with fitness trainers, nutritionists, and recovery specialists to provide personalized, science-based, coordinated care. Our goal is for our members to live healthier, happier, and more productively…in short, to experience Real Health. For more information about our purpose, programs, and progress visit www.shiftlife.com. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SHIFT Sciences LLC is a limited liability company that provides non-medical management and administrative services for SHIFT Medical, Ltd. SHIFT Sciences LLC is not licensed to practice medicine and does not provide medical advice.Shift Sciences, LLC is committed to employing the best qualified individuals available for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.