A Better Chicago is fighting poverty by leveraging the collective power of Chicagoans who want to make our city more equitable for everyone. They raise funds through public donations and directs those resources to support low-income, underserved communities, particularly Black and Latinx youth who are disproportionately impacted by systemic inequities in our city. A Better Chicago finds high-potential, high-impact programs and leaders that serve young people from cradle to career. Then, they invest both dollars and strategic support to empower organizations to grow and make an even greater impact.
- Register HERE to secure your spot in the virtual race. Then please visit our page on A Better Chicago to make your donation. The suggested donation to participate is $20.
- Receive weekly email communication from the SHIFT coaches including, a running (or walking!) plan leading up to the race, running tips, how to train in the cold, movement preparation and strength exercises, nutrition for runners, and so much more!
- Get your SHIFT swag mailed directly to your door
- Run/Walk the 5k on a course of your choosing on November 21 virtually with the SHIFT team. Use your favorite tracking app or watch to help keep track of your time and distance. *Can’t complete on Nov 21? Feel free to submit your results to our team until Thanksgiving Day (Nov 26).
- Submit your results to the SHIFT Fitness Team. (This is not required, you can also just run for FUN!)
- Tag us on Instagram or Facebook throughout your journey with the hashtag #TrotwithSHIFT
- SHIFT will be giving out prizes and awards for the top finishers and those with the most spirit.
fitness, movement, running