Let's Work Together
SHIFT helps people build Real Health. Through an interdisciplinary, relational approach to healthcare, we provide knowledge, resources, and tools to those who seek to take control of their health and live their best lives. Our coordinated care, personalized guidance, and expertise in medicine, coaching, fitness, nutrition, and recovery serve to empower SHIFT Members to build and maintain Real Health.
About the Role
We are seeking to hire our second full-time Registered Dietitian to report to the Head of the Nutrition Department to join our team. We are looking for someone who is an exceptional clinical provider, who is detail-oriented, comfortable being part of a small, fast-paced team, and confident in their ability to handle a wide range of responsibilities day-to-day.
Our Registered Dietitians (RDs) play a vital role in service delivery and provide Medical Nutrition Therapy, nutrition counseling, and habit coaching to our Members and Fuel U clients. Our RD’s are responsible for working collaboratively with our physical therapists and physicians to provide holistic, integrated care plans for our Members and Fuel U clients. This Registered Dietitian role also involves other business-related responsibilities, including the development of educational materials, creation of blog and social media content, management of our in-house Café, and contribution to other big picture projects and company initiatives.
The position is Monday-Friday and is in-person at our River North location in Chicago, IL.
SHIFT is a Chicago-based concierge medicine practice. Through coordinated clinical care and habit change techniques, we take a revolutionary approach to healthcare that improves health, reverses disease, and enhances wellbeing.
Our research-based approach spans a wide-range of disciplines—medical care, physical fitness, nutrition, recovery, and coaching—to design and implement customized health development plans.
As a part of the SHIFT team, the Registered Dietitian will work closely with other clinical disciplines (physicians and physical therapists), as well as with sales, marketing, and operations team members. As experts in our individual subject matters, we work as a team to support members as they shift into living healthier, balanced lifestyles. Throughout the process of transformation, we provide members with the knowledge, guidance, support, and accountability they need to find their personal power and realize their health goals.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that reflect SHIFT’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern for every Member
- Participates actively in SHIFT clinical meetings, and documents pertinent Member information
- Follows all state and Federal statutes, regulations, and laws related to privacy, Protected/Personal Health Information (PHI), and HIPPA
- Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling and adheres to the Code of Ethics, as stated by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Provides nutrition counseling according to the SHIFT Fuel Philosophy
- Provides nutrition counseling and Medical Nutrition Therapy to Members (in-person, by phone, and via email)
- Analyzes and shares results from nutrition-related testing: DEXA Scans and Labs
- Uses technology and templates to prepare and present data for internal and external use
- Collaborates with physical therapists, physicians, and clinical staff to ensure safe and appropriate care plans are delivered in a clear, consistent, and coordinated manner
- Works collaboratively with other Registered Dietitians and SHIFT staff to ensure high-quality, professional service delivery
- Develops nutrition education materials
- Creates content to be used for marketing purposes, including blog posts, social media posts, etc.
- Supports SHIFT Fueling Café and other Member meal-related tasks
- Performs administrative functions in support of day-to-day operations
- Supports and delivers for special events, speaking engagements, and other business-related activities
- A bachelor’s degree in nutrition and/or dietetics or other relevant major with completion of didactic program in Dietetics
- Master’s degree in nutrition preferred
- Successful completion of Dietetic Internship approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Dietetic Education
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN) by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation in good standing
- 3 years of clinical and counseling experience preferred
- A proven track-record caring for patients according to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Code of Ethics
- Experience and comfort with learning new online systems/software
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, and confident, with a positive, can-do attitude
- Eager to support others to achieve objectives, big and small
- A practical-minded, common-sense thinker
- Able to stay composed and professional under pressure
- Conscientious and reliable
- Able to exercise good judgment
- Organized, responsive, and able to balance changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced in supporting customers and/or a team
- Committed to following processes and protocols
- A self-motivated, self-starter, who completes tasks independently and without prompts
- Detail-oriented, creative, and curious
- Interested in improving organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Able to handle some ambiguity as priorities and processes change
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A desire to be part of, and to serve, a team
- Strong leadership potential
- A passion for integrated personal health and wellness
- An aptitude for handling multiple concurrent assignments on time with a high degree of accuracy
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Canva
Do you want to be a part of our team? Send cover letters and resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Registered Dietitian’.