SHIFT helps people build Real Health. Through an interdisciplinary, relational approach to healthcare, we provide knowledge, resources, and tools to those who seek to take control of their health and live their best lives. Our coordinated care, personalized guidance, and expertise in medicine, coaching, fitness, nutrition, and recovery serve to empower SHIFT Members to build and maintain Real Health. For more information on SHIFT, please visit www.shiftlife.com | Facebook | LinkedIn.
Job Description – Fitness Coach
At SHIFT, we are looking for a Fitness Coach who is an exceptional provider, detail-oriented, comfortable being part of a small, fast-paced team, and confident in their ability to handle a wide range of responsibilities on a day-to-day basis. Our mandate is to help Members build, expand, and maintain complete well-being—our integrated, relational healthcare model drives stronger physical performance, increased energy, improved mental acuity, and positive health outcomes.
The Fitness Coach plays a vital role in healthcare services and provides our Members thorough fitness assessments including: VO2 max testing, DEXA scan (Body composition/Bone Density), Functional Movement Screens, and behavioral coaching. The Fitness Coach is responsible for working collaboratively with subject matter experts and the medical team to provide holistic, integrated care plans for our Members. At SHIFT, the Fitness Coach’s role also involves leading group classes, 1:1 training, as necessary, developing educational materials, programming, and assisting in the organization, maintenance, and cleaning of fitness equipment. All applicants must be able to lift a minimum of 60 pounds and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, confident, and have a positive, can-do attitude
- Eager to support others to achieve objectives, big and small
- A practical-minded, common-sense thinker
- Able to stay composed and professional under pressure
- Conscientious and reliable with an ability to exercise good judgement
- Organized, responsive, and flexible to balance (changing) priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced in supporting customers and/or a team
- Able to understand, and committed to following, processes and protocols
- A standout colleague who loves to support and work with a team
- A self-motivated, self-starter, who completes tasks independently and without prompts
- Meticulous, creative, and curious
- Interested in improving organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Comfortable with change
- Follow all state and Federal statutes, regulations, and laws related to privacy, Protected/Personal Health Information (PHI), and HIPPA
- Provide evidence-based fitness coaching and collaborate with other subject matter experts to ensure member safety and appropriate action and care plans are delivered in a clear, consistent, and coordinated manner
- Provide expert fitness coaching to Members (in-person, by phone, and via email)
- Analyze and share results from fitness-related testing: DEXA Scans, VO2 max tests, Functional Movement Screens
- Use technology and templates to prepare and present data and test results
- Work collaboratively with all Fitness and other SHIFT staff to ensure high-quality, professional service delivery
- Assist Members with questions and needs
- Develop fitness education materials
- Perform administrative functions in support of day-to-day operations
- Support special events
- A bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in exercise science, kinesiology, or other related degree
- 3 years of fitness, counseling, and programming experience
- A nationally accredited certification (ACSM, NASM, NSCA preferred)
- Experience coaching group classes and in personal training
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to provide auditory, visual, tactile, and kinesthetic instructional feedback
- A desire to be part of, and to serve, a team
- A desire to acquire new knowledge and experiences
- A passion for integrated personal health and wellness
- An ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner
- An aptitude for handling multiple concurrent assignments on time with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience and comfort with learning new online systems/software
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
Want to learn more? Send cover letters and resumes by email to email@example.com with the subject line FITNESS COACH.
SHIFT Sciences LLC is a limited liability company that provides non-medical management and administrative services for SHIFT Medical, Ltd. SHIFT Sciences LLC is not licensed to practice medicine and does not provide medical advice.Shift Sciences, LLC is committed to employing the best qualified individuals available for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.